Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Writing Concepts

Good morning, fellow writers. A little extra coffee this morning as we get ready for colder weather coming in the next couple days.   What project are you working on now?  The same one or a new one?  I am working on figuring out the best way to separate the parts in my book 2.
My book has four parts to it.  There is part 1, part 2, part 3, and part 4.   My current character in part 2 changes scenes and also with a new situation.  It would seem logical for these sections to be too long or too short, nor stall the story.  

Editing is ongoing and I am hopeful to be halfway this week, but it seems like two scenes need extra attention.  I want it to be right.  Many times the scenes will keep going when I'm ready to sleep, but my brain is not. What a dilemma when the idea of sleep is to be a functional parent the next day as one of the kids got over a stomach bug.  Life happens where priorities come up.

One other concept is have two clear sheets separating the parts or scenes that seem optional, like giving the eyes and mind a complete break before the next scene.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment