Monday, November 25, 2019

Experience of Writing

Even as you write your manuscript, sometimes it's good to get off the familiar track and gather more experience.  Some say life experience is necessary to express it more besides just gathering research online or at the library to scope out for books to fine tune your craft.  You have to see it visually, physically and emotionally.

Each year in November my husband and I go on a retreat as he is a Tai Chi, Kung Fu black belt.  He is there when I have questions to bounce off of with scenes in my writing.  Many times it is just to have a change of scenery and take a break as parents to get some rest.  I barely have time for that, as when I am idle I have to stay busy regardless.   Florida has a way of taking one away from the normalcy. As I sat by the lake in Florida, listening to those squeaking ducks, I was taken away briefly as a writer and a mom to letting my thoughts drift
The retreat consists of fifty to sixty people who also like tai chi and push hands.  I watch them spar and practice with broadswords, tumble on the ground etc.  It is a good group, non trying to out spar each other.    As I watch, one lady inspired me as she was a fan of the writing field I prefer the most.  She was a bit of inspiration as I got her email and hope she returns next year, but it encouraged me to finish the troublesome chapter of the story I was working on for about three weeks.

Do you have enough experience to develop your growth as a writer?


No comments:

Post a Comment