Thursday, September 19, 2019

Best Productive Time

Most writers have a fixed time they start on their work.   Before the kids, my old schedule was get up at 5:30 AM and work on the first chapter or scene in progress. I would work until 12 PM and have lunch, and tend to home chores or other stuff that the home front needed.  I would work Monday thru Friday, and use Friday as my review day what was written and see what needed to be revised and so on.  Now with kids and the routine change,  put my writing a bit on the back burner.  Priorities especially when we don't have a sitter and I am slow to trust anyone besides family to watch our children. Things just slowed down a bit, however reading took the place of writing when I had about an hour or so.

Now that my schedule is almost again at the old schedule, my productivity has increased as well having a peace of mind that my story flowed better and getting closer to the finish.  Remember to save your work!  Don't assume a flash drive does it all as some may recall the dilemma that happened last May.

What is your usual work routine on your writing? Some love working into the night.  I used to in my younger days, write till 3 AM especially on a scene that was intense and my brain was still awake.  With kids my sleep time falls around 9:30 PM to 11 PM if it is a writing night.  It depends on the level of energy I still have.

Good luck on your manuscripts!

No comments:

Post a Comment